What are warts? How are they formed?
Warts are caused by Human Papilloma Virus (HPV).This virus stimulates the top
layer of skin to grow rapidly, thereby giving rise to the formation of skin wart.
*Among the various types of warts, the major ones are flat warts, filiform warts
and common warts.
1. Flat warts have smooth, flat smooth and flat surface arising mainly on face,
neck, hands and lips.
2. Filiform warts are thread like warts arising near the eyelids or lips.
3. Common warts are rough, raised skin colour warts that arise on hand. Common
warts are also known as verruca warts.
Warts which arise on soles of feet are known as plantar warts.
Warts arising around the nails are known periungual.
Homoeopathic approach and treatment of warts
The fundamental principle of homoepathic treatment was laid down by Christian Fredrick Samuel Hahnemann in 1796 described in organon of medicine.
Accordingly warts belong to sycosis miasm.
1. Homoeopathic medicines boost the immune system of the body to fight
infectious agent that is causing warts. Although warts are local diseases, they are treated with internal remedy which is based on comprehensive understanding of patient. This includes local diseases ie. morphological characters and location of lesion, mental makeup of the person and physical characteristics. This is what is WARTS called totality of symptoms. A constitutional remedy selected eradicates the complaint locally as well as internally.
2. Homoeopathic medicines for warts treat this condition in a very gentle safe, mild, and painless way. Homoeopathic medicines follow a curative approach to treat warts than suppressing them.
Self help tips
- Avoid fidgeting with warts, since they spread more rapidly due to scratching.
- Avoid shaving areas that have warts, they will keep the virus from spreading.
- Keep the affected area dry since warts spread in moist environment.
Some cases treated with homoeopathic medicine are